We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation for the last few weeks. Considering the Prime Minister’s announcement on 23 March, we wanted to update our customers on what measures we are putting into place. This is a fast moving situation, and we will update this page if the situation changes.
Our primary concern is the health and welfare of our customers, our employees, all our families, and our communities. To this end, we have altered our pest control services in the following ways:
- All telephones calls and emails will be answered, so we can provide advice and support throughout this period.
- Routine pest control visits will be risk assessed, and the majority will be stopped temporarily. Routine visits to unmanned sites, externals and high risk sites will continue at present.
- All emergency calls will be actioned, in particular where there is distress or mental health concerns.
- Pest control visits where there is a public health or livestock health consideration, for example food production sites, will continue.
- We will assess ongoing treatments where there is an active infestation. Planned visits will be completed if there is a public health concern or risk of build-up due to incomplete treatment.
All visits made by Pest Solution employees during this period will be conducted under strict observance of Government guidelines. We will:
- Pre-arrange all visits with clients.
- Confirm with the client that Government guidelines and social distancing conditions can be observed during the visit.
- Not attend sites where residents are self-isolating with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms.
- Pest Solution technicians will wear full personal protective equipment if required.
We also expect all staff members to observe the Government guidelines regarding social distancing when visiting clients. We hope everyone keeps safe and look forward to resuming normal service soon!